How to quickly adjust exposure in the iOS 8 Camera app
Exposure changes how bright or dark your photo will turn out. While you’ve always been able to tap different parts of a live photo preview to adjust exposure, iOS 8 brings more advanced exposure settings that gives you even more control. Best of all, they’re super simple to use!
How to adjust live exposure settings in the iOS 8 Camera app
- Launch the Camera app and point it at what you’d like to take a photo of.
- Tap anywhere on the live preview in order to bring up the focus point.
- Tap and hold on the sun icon that appears next to it.
- You’ll now see a slider that allows you to adjust the exposure.
- Drag your finger left or down in order to bring the exposure bias down — in other words to make the photo darker.
- Drag your finger right or up in order to bring the exposure bias up — in other words make the photo brighter.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve got the exposure where you’re happy with it, snap your photo just like you normally would. If you decide the exposure point isn’t what you actually wanted, just tap anywhere else in the photo to cancel the adjustment and start over.
from iMore – The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog http://ift.tt/1qguWp5