How to set up notifications on your Apple Watch
The Apple Watch shows you short and long glances — discreet and informative notifications — for messages, news alerts, and more.
As long as your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, whatever is sent to your iPhone will be relayed to your Apple Watch. That is, as long as your iPhone is locked and your Apple Watch is on and in contact with your wrist. Which notifications get relayed, however, are up to you.
How to set up your notifications on Apple Watch
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the My Watch tab on the bottom.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Toggle the Notification Indicator to on to see an orange dot at the top of your Apple Watch face when you have unread notifications.
- Toggle Notification Privacy to require a tap to see detailed notifications.
- Tap a built-in or App Store app to set individual notifications for each.
App Store apps and some Apple apps merely let you choose between mirroring your iPhone notification settings or disabling notifications for that app altogether. A few Apple apps, however, give you a third option — custom. Choose it, and more options become available for you.
from iMore – The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! http://ift.tt/1Psy5Bs