How to unpair and reset Apple Watch to factory settings
If you get a new Apple Watch or iPhone, you’ll want to unpair and reset your old one.
There are also lots of other reasons you may need to reset your Apple Watch. Perhaps you’re having a software problem you think a restore may fix. Regardless of the reason, unpairing it and resetting it to factory settings is simple enough, both from your iPhone and on your Apple Watch itself.
How to unpair and reset Apple Watch with your iPhone
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Apple Watch under the My Watch tab.
- Tap on Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap on Unpair in the popup menu to confirm.
- Type in a passcode if required.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to reset itself. This could take a while as it will first make a backup of all your settings and downloaded apps.
If you don’t have your iPhone handy, you can also unpair and reset your Watch without your iPhone using the following set of directions instead:
How to unpair and reset Apple Watch without your iPhone
If you perform this method, your Apple Watch will still create a backup of all your settings and apps as long as you are within range of your iPhone. Just be warned that if you’re not, no backup of your Apple Watch will be created.
from iMore – The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! http://ift.tt/1QCglUU