How to use the Apple Watch to take photos with your iPhone
Want to frame and take a photo with your iPhone from afar? Just use the Apple Watch.
If you’re lucky enough to own an Apple Watch, you can use its Camera Remote app to snap images from your iPhone’s front or back still camera. This is great for group shots, low-light exposures where you don’t want to touch the iPhone, and more.
How to shoot photos with your Apple Watch and iPhone
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Open the Camera Remote app on your Apple Watch.
- After the app loads, you can use its viewscreen to helpposition your iPhone on a tripod or elsewhere to get the perfect shot.
- When you’ve finished tweaking the framing, you have two options for taking your photo on your Apple Watch: an immediate shutter, or a three-second timer. The latter will snap a burst of photos after giving you a three-count in with the iPhone’s flash, while the former will just take one. You can also press the Apple Watch’s side button to take a single shot.
- Once you’ve taken your shots, you can review them directly on the Apple Watch by tapping the Camera Roll icon in the bottom left corner, or within the Photos app on your iPhone.
Note: Unfortunately, Camera Remote only works with still photos; you can’t currently use it for panoramas or video.
from iMore – The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! http://ift.tt/1ceTI9C