TestFlight update lets developers roll out iOS 10, watchOS 3, and tvOS beta apps
Apple has updated its TestFlight testing platform with support for iOS 10, watchOS 3, and tvOS. The company also rolled out new App Store optimizations and app analytics tools for developers through iTunes Connect.
Here’s the breakdown of the new features in TestFlight 1.4.1:
- All beta apps on iOS 10 now include a 3D Touch Quick Action so your testers can provide feedback by pressing your Home screen icon.
- Stability and performance improvements
- There is a known issue on iOS 10 beta where beta apps installed by TestFlight are replaced by the App Store version if Automatic App Updates is turned on. If you experience this issue, disable Automatic App Updates. This issue will be addressed in an upcoming release.
iTunes Connect now lets developers view the number of times their app icon is viewed on the App Store search results, the Featured section, from the Top Charts lists, and via the product page. Here’s what’s new in iTunes Connect:
- Gallery support for third party complications, except Watch extensions containing the gallery bundle complication Extra Large
- Background running mode for third party workout apps
- Game Center Support for Watch
- Multipeer Connectivity framework for tvOS
- Push Notifications for tvOS
- PhotoKit for tvOS
- ReplayKit for tvOS
- ExternalAccessory.framework in tvOS
- HomeKit APIs for tvOS
- Developer APIs for authentication and authorization for tvOS and iOS
- CallKit – Thirdparty call blocking extensions for iOS
- New iOS 10 Extension APIs
Grab TestFlight from the link below.
- Free – Download Now
from iMore – The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! http://ift.tt/1OtI25K